BOSTON, Oct. 3, 2011 – Goodwin Procter LLP, a national Am Law 50 firm, announced today that 12 attorneys have been elected to the firm’s partnership, effective October 1.
“We are pleased to welcome our new partners, all of whom exemplify legal excellence. These lawyers possess outstanding leadership skills, a deep knowledge of their industries and strong client relationships,” said Regina M. Pisa, chairman and managing partner. “We look forward to the many contributions this next generation of talent will bring to Goodwin.”
The newly elected partners are:
- Mitzi Chang (San Francisco, Technology Companies). Chang represents public and private companies, investment banks, and private equity funds in a variety of industries, including technology, life sciences and media.
- Amber R. Dolman (Boston, Private Equity). Dolman advises clients on a variety of corporate matters, including private equity financings, public offerings, PIPE transactions, private and public mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance, recapitalizations, and other matters relating to general corporate and securities laws.
- Brian A. Fairchild (Boston, IP Transactions & Strategies/Life Sciences). Fairchild develops U.S. and foreign patent protection for clients, working primarily in life sciences, with a focus on protein pharmaceuticals and antibody technologies; protein synthesis and formulation; nucleic acid sequencing, detection, synthesis and therapies; protein-and nucleic acid-based diagnostic technologies; and medical devices.
- Michael T. Jones (Boston, Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement). Jones represents corporate and individual clients in a variety of regulatory, civil and criminal investigations by the Securities & Exchange Commission, Department of Justice, SROs and state attorneys general, including allegations of accounting fraud, insider trading, violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and disclosure violations.
- E. Kelsey Lemaster (Boston, Tax). Lemaster’s practice includes the qualification and operation of REITs, transactions involving REITs, investments in real estate by tax-exempt and foreign investors, joint ventures and other partnership transactions, corporate mergers and acquisitions, and private investment fund formations.
- Arthur R. McGivern (Boston, Life Sciences/Securities & Corporate Finance & M&A/Corporate Governance). McGivern works on a wide variety of public and private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and other complex transactions, focusing on the life science sector, including biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and diagnostics, and other technology-driven industries.
- Brian C. McPeake (Silicon Valley, Private Equity). McPeake is a member of the firm’s Private Equity Group and focuses his corporate practice on a wide range of transactional matters.
- Nicholas K. Mitrokostas (Boston, IP Litigation). Mitrokostas focuses his practice in commercial litigation, with a particular emphasis in intellectual property and patent litigation for clients in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- Steven A. Moore (San Diego, IP Litigation). Moore counsels early stage electronics and software companies on IP issues and has conducted IP diligence investigations for financing, and merger and acquisition transactions.
- Matthew G. Pohlman (London, Hospitality & Leisure). Pohlman focuses on the development, operation, management, acquisition, disposition and financing of hotels, resorts and other mixed-use hospitality assets around the world.
- Daniel P. Roeser (Boston, Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement). Roeser’s practice s centered on multidistrict litigation involving securities class actions, ERISA class actions, shareholder derivative cases and bankruptcy adversary proceedings.
- Craig C. Todaro (Boston, Real Estate Investment Management). Todaro advises clients in a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including equity joint venture investments; mezzanine, construction and permanent financings; and acquisitions and sales across various property types, including office, retail, hospitality and residential.
About Goodwin Procter
Goodwin Procter LLP is one of the nation’s leading law firms, with offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. The firm provides corporate law and litigation services, with a focus on matters involving real estate, REITs and real estate capital markets; private equity; technology companies; financial services; intellectual property; products liability and mass torts; and securities litigation and white collar defense. For additional information, visit www.goodwinprocter.com. Follow us on Twitter @GoodwinProcter.