Goodwin Procter recently hosted the New York Intellectual Property Law Association’s (NYIPLA) inaugural Presidents’ Forum at the firm’s New York office on October 9. The town-hall style forum engaged the invited guests in a wide-ranging discussion of a timely topic: “What to do about NPEs: Do We Risk Throwing The Baby Out With The Bath Water?” The Presidents' Forum was moderated by past NYIPLA presidents Marylee Jenkins and Mel Garner. The invited speakers included:
• Hon. Paul R. Michel, Retired Chief Judge, Court of Appeals of the Federal Circuit;
• Hugh Hansen, Professor of IP Law at Fordham Law School;
• Alexander Poltorak, Chairman & CEO, General Patent Corporation;
• William H. Sorrell, Attorney General of Vermont; and
• Marian Underweiser, Counsel, IP Law Strategy & Policy, IBM
Thirty senior members of the NYIPLA participated in the event.
The NYIPLA provides its membership with an opportunity to advance the knowledge of legal professionals, the judiciary, government and the public. More than 1500 IP attorneys practicing throughout the United States and abroad are members of NYIPLA.
To learn more about the event, please read the October 10 article on Law360.com, “Lawyers' Voices Needed In Anti-Troll Debate, Judge Says.”
View photos from the Presidents' Forum.