Mr. Yenouskas has represented mortgage lenders, servicers and securitization trustees in litigation across the country, including:
- Coordinating the defense of multiple lawsuits filed by counties and qui tam actions on behalf of counties challenging use of the Mortgage Electronic Registration System loan registry system. Motions to dismiss and for summary judgment have been granted in more than two dozen cases.
- Defending class actions and individual litigation filed by borrowers challenging lenders’ foreclosure practices under state laws. All class cases and virtually all individual cases dismissed.
- Defending actions by counties seeking recovery of transfer tax payments for properties sold at foreclosure sales.
- Obtaining summary judgment in a putative class action alleging that origination fees were charged in violation of Missouri’s Second Mortgage Loan Act.
- Obtaining summary judgment and order striking class allegations in putative class action alleging that prepayment penalties violated state law.
- Obtaining dismissal of putative class action by borrowers alleging that lenders should be held liable for actions of broker that committed fraud in origination scheme.
- Representing lender in claims against mortgage guaranty insurer for improper rescission of insurance coverage. Defendant settled in discovery.
- Defending multiple putative class actions alleging use of borrower credit information in violation of FCRA and FACTA.