From innovative startups to established Fortune 500 companies, Goodwin clients are at the forefront of some of the world’s most interesting inventions, groundbreaking developments and challenging legal disputes.
These companies are constantly striving to grow and evolve, developing cutting-edge technologies, closing significant mergers and acquisitions and prevailing in landmark cases. Our lawyers work side-by-side with clients throughout their entire lifecycle to ensure success at every step.
At Goodwin, lawyers and professional staff alike reach across practice areas and geographies to work together in a collaborative, collegial and entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Make sure your WiFi connection is stable and won’t be disrupted for the duration of the interview.
- Have any notes or documents ready and neatly organized, just as you would for an in-person interview.
- Be punctual, but not early. The meeting host may have a meeting directly before the interview. Best practice is to join two to three minutes before your scheduled interview time.
- Test the link before your interview to ensure that you have downloaded any relevant software connected to the virtual interviewing platform.
- Minimize distractions: Turn off phones and email alerts. If there are others in your home, consider letting them know that you will be interviewing and that it would be best if they do not interrupt you during your scheduled interview time.
- Check your self-view before the call, ensuring you are centered, the camera is focused, and the lighting looks good.
- Project confidence: sit up straight and make eye contact – look at the interviewer or the camera, not at your own image.
- Wear professional attire. Even though you may be at home, dress as you would for an in-person interview.
- Remember, when using video, you are ALWAYS on-camera – even if you don’t have your local image displayed.
- Project a professional and organized space: declutter the area in the camera view and be mindful of posters, images and pictures that are not business appropriate. A blank wall or a business appropriate virtual background are best.
- Test your audio connection before the call.
- Microphones can be very sensitive. To eliminate background noise, stay muted unless you are speaking.
- In an open environment, use headphones or earbuds.
- Even with the fastest Internet connection, audio can be slightly delayed over video conferencing applications such as Zoom. To combat this, speak slowly and clearly enunciate your words. Pause frequently to give the interviewer an opportunity to respond.
Diversity and Inclusion
Goodwin is committed to promoting diversity in our law firm and in the legal profession. We are also committed to an inclusive environment in which each employee can excel and thrive. Diversity and inclusion are core to our business and our values, and our Chairman-led Inclusion Advisory Committee ensures that we make our efforts in this area a top priority.
Very often those who most need legal representation can least afford to pay for it. Whether it’s guidance on housing, immigration, criminal defense or small business development, free and reliable legal counsel can make real and lasting changes in people’s lives and livelihoods. That’s why pro bono work is one of the cornerstones of our firm.
Goodwin’s Learning + Professional Development team is committed to helping you leverage your strengths, find your passion and build the legal and professional skills and networks you will need to succeed wherever your career may take you. Our team’s dedicated group of experts includes directors and managers who are former practicing attorneys and are nationally recognized as leaders in their field. We are committed to ensuring that everyone at the firm is equipped and inspired to be best and brightest across all that we do.Learn More
Ready to Join Us?
"We’re excited that you’re considering joining our law firm. Goodwin provides an inclusive and collaborative culture with outstanding opportunities for growth, both professionally and personally. You will find that we’re passionate about what we do at Goodwin, and we offer cutting-edge work, top-flight clients and world-class training, all in an atmosphere where people are encouraged to learn and thrive."