Note to Placement Agencies
We value your input and assistance in the hiring process.
To ensure a smooth and efficient working relationship, please note our guidelines for working with placement/search agencies, shown below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- We will only accept resume submissions from search firms with whom we have a current search/fee agreement on file. If your firm/agency does not have an agreement with us (of if you are unsure whether a current agreement exists), please contact one of our local office Talent Acquisition, Legal contacts to ascertain agreement status.
- Resumes must be submitted through our online application in order to be deemed a valid submission. Our online application can be accessed by clicking “Apply” on the Job Details page. Resumes submitted to lawyers in our firm will not be deemed valid submissions unless a member of the Talent Acquisition, Legal team for the relevant office location is also copied on such submission and/or correspondence regarding potential candidates.
- For professional staff positions resumes must be submitted to the Professional Staff Recruitment team (see our Contact Page) in order to be deemed a valid submission. Resumes submitted to the hiring managers will not be deemed valid submissions unless a member of the Professional Staff Recruitment team is copied on the submission and/or correspondence regarding potential candidates. Please note not all positions are open to placement agencies.
- Transcripts must accompany all associate candidate submissions.
- If the conditions above are not satisfied, submissions will be deemed unsolicited and no fee will be paid by Goodwin Procter for hiring said candidate(s).
Effective: October 5, 2020
For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an Employee.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or to access an alternative form of this Policy.
The purpose of this Policy is to describe:
1. the categories of Personal Information that Goodwin collects about Applicants who reside in California;
2. and the purposes for which Goodwin uses such Personal Information.
Categories of Personal Information Collected:
|Category of Personal Information||Examples|
|Identification Information||Your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, date of birth, social media profiles/handles, and other contact details.|
|Sensitive Information||Your social security number, passport number, driver’s license or state ID card number, and insurance information.|
|Application Information||Your resume information (including school(s) attended, years of attendance, degree, major, employment history, languages spoken, interests, skills, and prior or desired salary), questionnaire responses, interview evaluations, reference information, offer letter information, and background check information (including criminal record checks, credit reports, standing and capacity, sex offender records, insolvency records, bankruptcy filings, and civil litigation history).|
|Employment Information||Your green card status, federal or state identification forms and numbers, beneficiary/dependent information (including names, addresses, dates of birth and social security numbers), past employment history (including references) current employment information (including job titles, salary information, and performance evaluations), as well as information related to hours, working patterns, pay and benefits.|
|Financial Information||Your bank account and compensation information.|
|Demographic Information||Your nationality, racial and ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability and age.|
|Physical and Biometric Information||Your fingerprints and photographs and physical descriptions of you.|
|Health Information||If necessary, we will process other information concerning your health and/or any disability.|
|Communication Information||Information contained in communications sent and received.|
|Education Information||Your education history (including, but not limited to, school(s) attended, years of attendance, courses taken, degree, major, and grade point average).|
Purposes for which Personal Information will be used:
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To administer our relationship with Employees;
- To source, recruit, and evaluate Employees;
- To assess eligibility for employment;
- To perform background checks;
- To communicate with Employees;
- To perform financial planning and budgeting and payroll administration;
- To prepare immigration, payroll, and tax filings;
- To offer and administer benefits;
- To assess and report on the diversity of our Employees;
- To determine whether any adjustments to work arrangements are needed for health or other reasons;
- To ensure the safety and security of our Employees, premises, and systems; and
- To exercise and defend legal claims and comply with applicable legal requirements.