Senior Paralegal, Trademark Prosecution
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,400 lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
At Goodwin we realize that being a paralegal is not just a job, it is a profession. As professionals, Paralegals are offered opportunities to play key roles on our client teams while also developing themselves to the highest caliber. Goodwin Paralegals work side-by-side with attorneys to provide high-quality, cost effective legal services on each of our groundbreaking matters. They add value through experience, advising on how to best approach tasks at hand.
As a Trademark Paralegal at Goodwin, you will have the opportunity to develop strong relationships with our attorneys and clients, while building substantive and institutional knowledge that adds critical value to our practice.
What you do:
- Conduct trademark searches using USPTO, CT Corsearch, internet and foreign databases.
- Preparation and filing of Trademark Applications at USPTO and WIPO Preparation and filing of non-substantive Office action responses.
- Preparation and filing of Section 8 & 15 Declarations of Use, Section 8 & 9 Renewals, Statements of Use/Extensions of Time, Powers of Attorney, Assignment Recordation.
- Change of Correspondence Address Experience with TTAB filings Preparation and filing of copyright applications and assignments with the Library of Congress.
- Communicate with foreign associates for trademark filings, renewals and Office Action responses, maintenance and general questions.
- Preparation of correspondences to clients reporting notices received from the Trademark Offices and foreign associates.
- Attend to notarization and legalization of power of attorney and assignment documents for foreign associates.
- Order certified copies of priority documents Review weekly watch notices.
- Attention to file intake Managing US and foreign trademark dockets using CPI docketing database.
Who You are:
- Strong working knowledge of domestic and international trademark prosecution, including the USPTO rules and regulations.
- Responsive and collaborative team-player who will provide excellent client service to our top of market Tech and Life Sciences clients.
- BA/BS preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Paralegal Certificate or qualifying work experience required.
- Knowledge of CPI a plus.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.