Five partners and three counsel join from Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault
BOSTON, January 31, 2005 – Goodwin Procter LLP, one of the nation’s leading law firms, announced today the addition of six partners and three counsel to its Boston office. The attorneys, all from Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault, are in addition to the 19 partners from that firm who recently joined Goodwin Procter.
Following are the five partners joining Goodwin Procter:
- F. George Davitt, Testa’s former managing partner, focuses his practice on private equity, buyouts, securities law and mergers and acquisitions.
- George W. Lloyd focuses on business and securities law, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and technology transfer, representing public and private growth-oriented companies in high technology, media and other industries.
- Carl E. Metzger concentrates on complex business litigation for technology companies in relation to financial fraud, governmental investigations, and intellectual property disputes.
- Mark D. Smith focuses on transactional and regulatory banking, leasing and commercial matters for commercial banks and other financial institutions, as well as venture capital financing.
- Inez H. Friedman-Boyce concentrates on securities litigation, mergers and acquisition-related litigation, contests for corporate control and other high stakes business litigation.
The three counsel joining the firm are Kevin P. McGrath, David J. Goldstone and Christine S. Chung. All will practice within the Litigation Department, with McGrath focusing on white collar crime, Goldstone concentrating on intellectual property and white collar crime, and Chung concentrating on securities litigation and white collar crime.
“We are thrilled to welcome these talented attorneys to Goodwin Procter,” said Regina M. Pisa, chairman and managing partner of Goodwin Procter. “Our new partners and counsel primarily focus their practices on technology companies and those companies serving the technology industry, as do many of the new partners who recently joined Goodwin Procter from Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault and McDermott, Will & Emery. The combination of these attorneys with our existing capabilities will create a powerful platform and further position Goodwin Procter as a premier law firm in the technology space, one of our key areas of strategic focus.”