BOSTON, January 19, 2010 – Goodwin Procter LLP announced that 70 of its attorneys were named as Massachusetts Super Lawyers and 25 were selected as Rising Stars. The survey honors the top five percent of lawyers in Massachusetts, as chosen by their peers and through the independent research of Law and Politics.
Goodwin Procter’s attorneys were cited as Super Lawyers in the following categories:
- Banking: Lynne B. Barr, William P. Mayer, Philip H. Newman, Paul W. Lee
- Bankruptcy: Daniel M. Glosband
- Business/Corporate: Mark T. Bettencourt, Stuart M. Cable, John J. Egan, Kenneth J. Gordon, Michael J. Kendall, Mark J. Macenka, John M. Mutkoski, Mark D. Smith, Kingsley L. Taft, Lawrence S. Wittenberg
- Business Litigation: Don M. Kennedy, Carl E. Metzger, Richard A. Oetheimer
- Employee Benefits/ERISA: John J. Cleary
- Environment: Christopher P. Davis
- Estate Planning: Robert C. Pomeroy
- General Litigation: Anthony Feeherry, Thomas J. Griffin, Jr., Paul F. Ware, Jr.
- Intellectual Property: Douglas J. Kline, Edmund R. Pitcher
- Intellectual Property Litigation: Henry C. Dinger, J. Anthony Downs, Shepard M. Remis
- Labor & Employment: Robert M. Hale, James W. Nagle, Heidi Goldstein Shepherd, Bradford J. Smith
- Litigation (White Collar): David J. Apfel, John J. Falvey, Jr., James C. Rehnquist, Joseph F. Savage, Jr.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Mark H. Burnett, Regina M. Pisa
- Real Estate: Christopher B. Barker, Michael H. Glazer, Lawrence E. Kaplan, Minta E. Kay, R. Jeffrey Lyman, Bruce Tribush
- Real Estate (Land Use/Zoning): Martin R. Healy
- Securities & Corporate Finance: Mitchell S. Bloom, Laura C. Hodges-Taylor, William J. Schnoor, Jr., Paul Schwartz, David W. Watson
- Securities Litigation: Deborah S. Birnbach, Brian E. Pastuszenski
- Tax: Howard A. Cubell, William H. Whitledge
The following Goodwin Procter attorneys were named Rising Stars:
- Business/Corporate: Danielle M. Lauzon, W. Matthew Rowe, Joseph C. Theis, Jr.
- Business Litigation: Laura S. Craven, Alison V. Douglass
- Intellectual Property: Robert M. Crawford, Jr., Brian A. Fairchild, Andrew L. Jagenow, Theresa C. Kavanaugh, Joel E. Lehrer, Kenneth Radcliffe, Austin P. Wang
- Intellectual Property Litigation: John T. Bennett, Safraz W. Ishmael, Neil T. Smith
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Suzanne Murray
- Real Estate: Mark J. Lochiatto, Siobhan C. Murphy
- Securities Litigation: Caroline H. Bullerjahn
Law and Politics sent over 35,000 surveys to active attorneys across Massachusetts and asked them to vote for the best lawyers they had personally observed in action. Each lawyer was then given a score based on the number and type of votes received. Super Lawyers rankings are published in 48 states, and list outstanding lawyers in more than 60 practice areas.
About Goodwin Procter
Goodwin Procter LLP is one of the nation’s leading law firms with offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Washington, D.C. The firm’s core areas of practice are corporate, litigation and real estate, with specialized areas of focus that include financial services, private equity, technology, REITs and real estate capital markets, intellectual property, tax and products liability. Information may be found at www.goodwinprocter.com.