BOSTON, November 1, 2010 – Goodwin Procter LLP, a national Am Law 50 law firm, announced today that eight attorneys have been elected to the firm’s partnership, effective October 1. Complete bios are available at http://www.goodwinprocter.com/2010newpartners.htm.
“We are delighted to welcome our newest partners, a group of incredibly talented and dedicated attorneys who will play a leading role in the long-term growth of the firm,” said Regina M. Pisa, chairman and managing partner.
The newly-elected partners are:
• Caroline H. Bullerjahn (Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement, Boston). Bullerjahn’s practice encompasses securities issues ranging from securities class action and derivatives litigation, to internal investigations and SEC enforcement actions.
• Teresa K. Goebel (Hospitality & Leisure, San Francisco). Goebel’s practice encompasses commercial real estate transactions, with a focus on the representation of operators and owners in the acquisition, development, financing, management and sale of hotels and other hospitality properties.
• Andrew H. Goodman (M&A/Corporate Governance, REITs, Los Angeles). Goodman’s experience includes corporate and securities matters involving public and private companies across industries with an emphasis on REITs, including representing buyers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions, and issuers and underwriters in capital markets transactions.
• Theresa C. Kavanaugh (IP Transactions & Strategies, Life Sciences, Boston). Kavanaugh represents life science and high-technology clients on a variety of patent matters including patent portfolio development, prosecution and risk assessment.
• Thomas S. Levato (Securities & Corporate Finance, New York). Levato focuses on capital markets transactions in a variety of industries including life sciences, technology, retail/consumer products, gaming/lodging, and alternative energy/clean tech.
• Sabrina M. Rose-Smith (Consumer Financial Services Litigation, Washington, D.C.) Rose-Smith’s practice includes both regulatory compliance counseling and auditing for banks, credit card issuers, mortgage lenders and specialty finance companies, and defending financial institutions against consumer class actions and government enforcement actions.
• Joseph C. Theis, Jr. (Technology Companies, Boston). Theis represents public and private companies in a wide range of industries, including digital media, software, Internet, energy, healthcare information technology and life sciences.
About Goodwin Procter
Goodwin Procter LLP is one of the nation’s leading law firms with offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Washington, D.C. The firm’s core areas of practice are corporate, litigation and real estate, with specialized areas of focus that include financial services, private equity, technology, REITs and real estate capital markets, intellectual property, products liability and mass torts. For more information, visit www.goodwinprocter.com.