Goodwin Procter’s Private Equity Group, a leading advisor in middle market transactions, continues its rapid expansion in the New York market. Over the past year, the group grew substantially in New York, increasing revenue by more than 40% and attorney headcount by more than 20%.
The Private Equity Group advises clients on the full life cycle of their investments and financings – including leveraged buyouts, growth equity, add-on acquisitions and exits. Most recently, a New York team led by senior partner Ilan Nissan, represented SmartStream in its partnership with Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase and Morgan Stanley to create a new bank reference data utility.
Some of the other noteworthy representations include:
- Partners Group’s $1.1 billion acquisition of Dynacast;
- DSI Renal’s merger with U.S. Renal Care;
- Bain Capital Ventures in connection with a $225 million growth equity investment in AvidXChange and a $140 million financing round for Jet.com;
- The Carlyle Group and Talent Partners in the sale of Talent to Extreme Reach;
- Insight Ventures Partners’ sale of OverDrive to Rakuten for $410 million and, in connection with a $33 million Series C financing round for Brightbytes;
- Packaging Coordinators, Inc.’s acquisition of AndersonBrecon, the contract pharmaceutical packaging business of AmerisourceBergen Corp;
- Iconiq Capital in its investments in Adyen and GoFundMe;
- Delos Capital’s acquisition of California Products Corporation;
- Bregal Sagemount’s $35 million investment in MOBI, a leading global technology platform;
- Behrman Capital in connection with the sale of Selig Sealing Products, Inc. to CC Industries, Inc.; and
- Stone Canyon Industries’ acquisition of RLJ-FVC Holdings, the parent company of Fleishman’s Vinegar Company.
“We have continued to successfully grow our footprint and talent in New York to become a dominant player in the middle market. As a result of our group’s collective depth, we are in a unique position to advise clients on their most complex transactions in a broad range of sectors,” said Nissan. “We’re extremely proud of all of our private equity attorneys’ hard work on behalf of the firm’s clients over the past year and celebrate the promotions of Christopher Dwyer, Liam Timoney, Cameron Contizano, William Pearce and Chris Wilson to partner, as well as the continued growth of our business.”
Goodwin’s Private Equity Group, which has been growing in the United States and internationally, is recognized as the top legal advisor for middle market deals in the first half of 2015 by Mergermarket.
The New York private equity team of 33 attorneys includes partners Jennifer Bralower, Paul Cicero, Cameron Contizano, Christopher Dwyer, Thomas Meriam, Ilan Nissan, Chris Nugent, William Pearce, Bruce Rader, Stuart Rosenthal, Jared Spitalnick, Liam Timoney and Chris Wilson.