Goodwin was named the Venture Capital Firm of the Year and Hatch-Waxman (Generic) Firm of the Year at the LMG Life Sciences 2016 Awards held September 14 in New York City. This is the second consecutive year that Goodwin has received the Hatch-Waxman (Generic) Firm of the Year award.
The annual awards event recognizes the life sciences industry’s leading legal advisers and most transformative deals and cases from the previous year. Goodwin attorneys and the firm were recognized with a total of nine shortlist nominations for this year’s awards, including:
- Finance & Transactional Attorney of the Year (partners Stuart Cable and Kingsley Taft)
- Finance & Transactional Firm of the Year
- Venture Capital Firm of the Year
- Life Cycle Firm of the Year
- Hatch-Waxman (Generic) Litigator of the Year (partner Elizabeth Holland)
- Hatch-Waxman Litigation (Generic) Firm of the Year
- General Patent Litigation Firm of the Year
- Intellectual Property Firm of the Year
Goodwin also received Impact Deals of the Year awards for AbbVie’s $21 billion acquisition of Pharmacyclics, Vertex Pharmaceuticals’ $2.6 billion strategic research and collaboration agreement with CRISPR Therapeutics and Intellia Therapeutics’ $75 million collaboration with Regeneron. The firm received an Impact Case of the Year Award for AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP et al v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc., et al.
To view a complete listing of the LMG Life Sciences 2016 Award winners, please visit LMG Life Sciences’ website.