Goodwin, a leading Global 50 law firm, announced today that 12 lawyers have been elected to the firm’s partnership, effective October 1.
“We are delighted to welcome our new partners. These outstanding lawyers – committed to our long-standing culture of client service and collaboration – exemplify the very best of Goodwin, said David Hashmall, Goodwin’s Chairman. “We look forward to the many contributions this next generation of talent will bring to our firm and our clients.”
The newly elected partners include:
- Ed Amer (Private Equity; Boston) represents private equity and venture capital firms, operating companies and investors in a broad range of transactions, including leveraged buyouts, carve-outs, exits, growth equity financings and general corporate representation, with a particular focus on the healthcare and life sciences industries.
- Joseph Bernardi (Private Equity; Boston) represents private equity firms and strategic investors in a variety of transactions, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, growth equity investments, distressed acquisitions and recapitalizations.
- Sarah Bock (ERISA & Executive Compensation; Boston) advises both public and private companies with respect to executive compensation matters, as well as the employee benefit and compensation aspects of mergers and acquisitions, financings, initial public offerings and other corporate transactions.
- Oreste Cipolla (Private Equity; New York) advises private equity and venture capital funds and their portfolio companies on a wide range of U.S. and cross-border corporate matters, including leveraged buyouts, growth equity and venture capital investments, and other equity and debt financings, with a focus on technology, food and beverage, healthcare and education.
- William Collins (Technology & Life Sciences; Boston) advises public and private companies across the life sciences industry, including biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device companies. His practice includes extensive experience with public and private securities offerings, IPOs, mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, and other complex transactions, as well as general corporate matters.
- Kevin Grumberg (Private Equity; New York) represents private equity sponsors, public and private companies, financial institutions and other debt investors in structuring and negotiating secured and unsecured financing transactions, including senior, mezzanine and subordinated debt facilities, acquisition-financing transactions, working capital facilities and loan workouts and restructurings.
- Nathan Hagler (Technology & Life Sciences; Silicon Valley) represents clients through the entire corporate life cycle, including pre-incorporation planning, general corporate representation and counseling, venture capital financings, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Kevin Lam (Technology & Life Sciences; Silicon Valley) advises clients on a broad range of intellectual property, technology, commercial and privacy matters, including the acquisition, management, licensing and commercialization of intellectual property and partnering transactions.
- Seo Salimi (Technology & Life Sciences; New York) focuses on corporate transactions and securities laws with a particular emphasis on representing life sciences clients in public and private capital markets transactions.
- Samuel Sherry (IP Litigation; Boston) represents clients in a broad range of intellectual property-related litigations involving pharmaceuticals, software, communications, computer hardware, optical storage and medical device technologies.