Ms. Akanbi’s private investment funds experience includes advising:
- Berkeley Energy on the fund raising of its renewable energy fund focused on sub-Saharan Africa and ongoing operational advice*
- Apis Partners on its financial services focused fund investing in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia*
- on the structuring and fund raising of a renewable energy fund for investment across Asia*
- a high net worth individual on the establishment of a captive fund focused on West Africa and the acquisition of a portfolio of assets*
- the investors of a generalist Africa based investment fund on restructuring arrangements*
- a Dubai based asset manager on the fundraising of a $750 million infrastructure fund investing in the MENAT region*
- a European asset manager whose parent is an International U.S. investment bank, on a bespoke infrastructure debt fund*
- an infrastructure debt and equity fund manager on an investment management agreement with a British pension trust*
- a UK-based technology focused investment bank on the fundraising of its venture capital technology fund*
Ms. Akanbi’s transactional experience includes advising:
- a real estate fund manager on the acquisition of a hotel asset (a joint venture arrangement with a sovereign wealth partner)*
- on the due diligence for the acquisition of a group of Singaporean health practices by an Australian health services provider*
- on the exit arrangements of a portfolio of fund assets*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Akanbi was an associate in the International Funds Group of King & Wood Mallesons (formerly SJ Berwin).