- Medical Properties Trust on its €1.635 billion joint venture with a fund managed by Primonial Group to hold 71 hospitals in Germany.
- Henderson Park on the establishment of a joint venture with Greystar for the £140.5 million acquisition and forward funding of a central London residential portfolio from Barratt Developments.
- Gramercy Property Europe plc on the €1.085 billion sale of Gramercy’s European logistics portfolio to a consortium of clients managed by AXA Investment Managers.
- Workspace Group PLC on numerous acquisitions and disposals, including the acquisition of the Jersey company which owns Salisbury House at 28-31 Finsbury Circus, London EC2, valuing the asset at c.£160 million.
- Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management on the £370 million acquisition and forward funding of the development of the new HQ for the United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority.
- KWAP on its £270 million sale of the Guernsey unit trust which owns 88 Wood Street, London EC2, having previously acted on the acquisition and subsequent refinancing of the unit trust.
- Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management on the £327 million sale of Tower Place, London.
- Kennedy Wilson Europe on the £204 million acquisition of 111 Buckingham Palace Road by share purchase - the London headquarters of the Telegraph Media Group.
- Deutsche Asset Management on the £100 million acquisition and forward funding of 2 St Peter’s Square, Manchester, predominantly let to E&Y
- GreenOak Real Estate on the establishment and €656 million final close of its second European real estate fund, GreenOak Europe Fund II, having previously advised on the establishment and closing of its predecessor fund.
- Gramercy Property Europe on the establishment and €260 million closing of Gramercy Property Europe III Limited.
- GreenOak Real Estate on the establishment and €600 million closing of GreenOak Europe Secured Lending Fund and £625 million closing of GreenOak UK Secured Lending Fund II, having previously advised on the latter’s predecessor fund.
- M7 Real Estate on the establishment and €400 million closing of M7 European Real Estate Investment Partners IV LP and associated note issuance, having previously advised on the establishment and closing of its predecessor funds.
- Kreos Capital on its €400 million fundraising of Kreos Capital V, having previously advised on the establishment and closing of its predecessor fund.
- Ares Management in relation to Ares European Property Enhancement Partners II, with total commitments at final closing of €665 million.
- A global fund manager on a series of pan-European real estate funds.
- Tunstall Real Estate Asset Management on a 50/50 joint venture with Starwood Capital Group to acquire Pinnacle Group.
- TA Associates on its acquisition of Russell Investments from the London Stock Exchange Group plc and Reverence Capital Partners on its minority investment in Russell Investments with a total transaction value of US$1.15 billion.
- Amplify Snack Brands, Inc. on its £300 million acquisition of the Tyrell’s group of companies.
- GreenOak Real Estate on its acquisition of Grafton Advisors from UK property developer Quintain Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lone Star Real Estate Fund IV.
- ECI Partners LLC on the sale by Kelvin Hughes Group of ChartCo for £55 million.
- G Square on the acquisition by Tracscare of Brookdale Care.
- Frazier Healthcare and its portfolio company Packaging Coordinators, Inc. in the acquisition of AndersonBrecon from AmerisourceBergen Corporation for an aggregate purchase price of $308 million.
- Mount Street LLP on its acquisition of Morgan Stanley Mortgage Servicing Limited, a vehicle responsible for the servicing and special servicing of £4.5bn of CMBS/RMBS assets.
- A US provider of cloud storage services on the establishment of its European business.
Mr. Eaton is a member of the Tax Law Committee of the Law Society and chairs its Stamp Taxes working group. He is also a member of the Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group and an associate member of the British Property Federation’s Tax Committee.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2012, Mr. Eaton practiced at Allen & Overy LLP in London.