Mr. Fagan has 15 years’ experience in patent preparation and prosecution. He has worked on technologies ranging from AI/ML and quantum computing to optical networks, encryption, computer-based modeling and simulation, digitalization, and robotics. He has successfully argued numerous cases before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Some of Mr. Fagan’s representative matters include:
- Establishing a copyright program at a Fortune 500 company to protect the software that runs their manufacturing devices, some of which dated back to the early 1990s.*
- Preparing IP due diligence for an acquisition deal valued at nearly $1 billion and a $165 million stock offering.*
- Reviewing an influencer agreement for a client seeking to advertise on social media.*
- Performing online takedowns of a client’s pirated software and domain name seizures under the UDRP.*
- Advising a client regarding a domain tasting incident.*
- Representing a client in settlement negotiations with a font designer who alleged that the client had appropriated the designer’s font for use on the client’s website.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Fagan was an equity principal at Kacvinsky Daisak Bluni and counsel at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough.
Mr. Fagan is active with the Hon. Lee Yeakel IP Inn of Court in Austin, Texas.