Mr. Schafrick’s representations include:
- Briefing of issues under the General Aviation Revitalization Act for general aviation manufacturers
- Pan Am on appeals in litigation arising from the bombing of Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland
- Pan Am’s insurers in litigation under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act seeking indemnity and contribution from Libya
- Two airlines in putative class actions challenging their settlements of lost baggage claims arising from international flights
- Insurers in lawsuits claiming that they fraudulently concealed available coverage or asserted fraudulent defenses in product liability litigation
- An insurer in a major asbestos-related bankruptcy
- Companies in suits seeking judicial review of EPA and OSHA regulations
- Veterans in appeals to the U.S. Court of Veterans Claims
- National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty on a variety of matters
Mr. Schafrick is a member of the District of Columbia Bar, the American Bar Association and the Defense Research Institute.
Mr. Schafrick was a partner at Shea & Gardner prior to its combination with Goodwin in 2004.