Ms. Smith’s recent transactional representations include:
- TA Associates and its affiliated investment funds in connection with:
- A majority investment in Accruent, LLC, the largest independent provider of real estate and facilities software
- A minority recapitalization of Prometheus Group, a leading provider of enterprise application software
- Leeds Equity Partners and its affiliated investment funds in connection with:
- Acquisition of Evanta Ventures, a global leader of peer-to-peer networking platforms that engage C-suite executives
- Sale of Ex Libris, a leading provider of automation solutions for academic, research, and national libraries, offering the only comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of electronic, digital, and print materials
- A premier growth equity private equity firm and its affiliated investment funds in connection with a dividend recapitalization of one of its portfolio companies
- TLC Vision, a premier eye care services company, in connection with the sale of certain assets
- The management team of a leading privately owned financial services firm that services institutional investors worldwide in connection with equity ownership arrangements
- A multi-boutique asset manager in acquisition transactions involving various investment management firms
- Several private equity search funds in various equity investment and acquisition transactions
Ms. Smith is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Massachusetts Bar Association. She also has advised a number of pro bono clients in attaining 501(c)(3) status.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Smith was an attorney in the Boston office of Bingham McCutchen.