Mr. Sohal’s representative experience includes:
- Advising Frogmore Real Estate Partners IV, L.P. on the acquisition of a corporate structure owning the Hilton London Olympia from a subsidiary of Singapore listed Hotel Properties Limited, for a consideration of £130 million;
- Advising a real estate investment fund manager on the restructure and sale of interests in its management business to the property investment arm of a Canadian state pension organisation, and the related establishment of a new club fund to invest £1.5 billion in the build-to-rent sector*;
- Advising a German-based fund manager on its c. £480 million acquisition of the corporate structure owning an office building in Aldgate, to be the future London headquarters for a British multinational telecommunications company*;
- Advising a global asset manager on the disposal of a 25.5% stake in one of the UK’s largest portfolios of supermarket properties for c. £115 million*;
- Advising a pan-European private equity real estate firm on the indirect disposal of a City of London office property for £255 million*;
- Advising a joint venture between a Canadian multinational real estate investment company and a fund advised by British property development company on raising £660 million of external funds for investment into a leading UK build-to-rent platform*;
- Advising a statutory body which manages the Malaysian government pension fund on its acquisition of the corporate structure owning two purpose built student accommodation schemes*; and
- Advising a global asset manager on a series of joint ventures with the investment arm of a Canadian state pension fund, focused on property acquisition and development in relation to separate portfolios in Hoxton and Cambridge*.
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.