Ms. Spindler has advised Fortune 500 biopharmaceutical companies, semiconductor manufacturers and computer technology providers, as well as leading venture capital funds and private equity funds on a variety of intellectual property and licensing matters.
- Ginkgo Bioworks in its joint venture with Bayer focused on plant microbiome, with an initial investment of $100 million
- Foundation Medicine in the collaboration agreements forming part of its strategic transaction with Roche of a total value in excess of $1 billion
- Royalty Pharma in its $3.3 billion purchase of Ivacaftor royalty rights from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Royalty Pharma in its $415 million acquisition of royalty rights to alogliptin/trelagliptin products and Priligy® (dapoxetine) from Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Blueprint Medicines in its strategic collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals to advance kinase drug candidates in rare genetic diseases, with potential deal value of up to $265 million
- Intellia Therapeutics in its exclusive collaboration with Novartis for CRISPR/Cas9 gene-editing technology for ex vivo therapeutic development, with potential deal value of up to $280 million plus royalties
- Tetragenetics in its collaboration with MedImmune for a multi-target ion channel drug discovery program
- Scholar Rock in its global research collaboration with Johnson & Johnson and Janssen Biotech for novel biologic therapeutics for the treatment of autoimmune diseases and cancer
- Ocera Therapeutics in its sale to Mallinckrodt in a cash tender offer, plus contingent value right
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries in its $3.2 billion acquisition of Auspex Pharmaceuticals
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals in its $10.4 billion sale to Amgen
- Several biopharmaceutical clients on strategic licensing transactions involving early stage products
- Clients on licensing foundational intellectual property assets from universities and other academic entities
- Enterprise server business division of Hitachi, Ltd. in connection with collaboration and supply agreements
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. in connection with patent acquisitions and complex strategic licensing transactions*
- Private equity fund Thoma Bravo in its majority investment in SailPoint Technologies, and in connection with take-private and other leveraged buyout transactions (together with financing aspects of such transactions)
- M&A clients on license compliance issues relating to open source software use in the product environment*
* Certain representative matters prior to joining Goodwin Procter
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Spindler was a partner in the Palo Alto and San Francisco offices of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Previously, she practiced at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.