Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Tomunen was an associate in a Chambers-ranked Fintech group of a law firm in New York and served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Denny Chin of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, NY. She has also worked as an international corporate tax lawyer at KPMG Oy Ab, Finland, and as a research assistant to former SEC Commissioner Robert J. Jackson, Jr. when he was a Professor at Columbia Law School, NY.
Ms. Tomunen graduated from Fordham University School of Law with magna cum laude, and served as a staff member on Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law.
Ms. Tomunen is a member of the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association and Boston Bar Association.
Ms. Tomunen’s recent speaking engagements include:
- Speaker, The Road to Digital Currency, Boston Blockchain Week 2022 (September 21, 2022)
- Speaker, Six Visions for a World without Cash with Aleksi Grym from Bank of Finland, Big Sister Investment Club (September 15, 2022)
- Speaker, Crypto Camp, Big Sister Investment Club (September 26, 2021)
- Speaker, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies – What the Coin is Going On?, Licensing Executives Society Scandinavia (September 21, 2021)
- Speaker, Sustainability, Growth and a Long Drink, Finnish and American Women's Network (FAWN) (May 3, 2021)