Ms. Varjavand’s recent work experience includes:
- Representation of a private equity real estate investment firm in the sale of a portfolio of over 100 industrial properties for a combined purchase price of over $1 billion.
- Representation of a California-based pro bono client for the acquisition of an office and warehouse building in San Rafael, California, which included seller financing.
- Representation of a nationally recognized real estate investment manager in the formation of two REIT-compliant joint ventures for the acquisition and financing of adjacent properties located in Los Angeles, California.
- Representation of a celebrity chef and its partner in the sale of a hotel located in San Francisco, California.
- Representation of a real estate investment firm in the formation of a joint venture for the acquisition and development of a hotel located in Chicago, Illinois, as well as the construction loan associated with this transaction.
- Representation of a real estate investment management firm in the sale of two office properties located in Sunnyvale, California for a combined purchase price of approximately $225 million.
Ms. Varjavand is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, and the Iranian American Bar Association. She volunteers on a pro bono basis for the LACBA Veterans Legal Services Project, and formerly volunteered at the Foreclosure Clinic through the Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County. While attending law school, Ms. Varjavand was a member of the Berkeley Business Law Journal, the Berkeley Real Estate Club through the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, the First Generation Professionals Group, and the Boalt Hall Women’s Association. She was a finalist in the Halloum Business Negotiation Competition and a participant in the HUD Innovation in Affordable Housing Student Design and Planning Competition.
Ms. Varjavand previously served as a legal intern in CBRE’s in-house legal department. She worked as an assistant property manager for a family owned real estate company, and also worked as a property tax consultant at Thomson Reuters. Ms. Varjavand served as a HUD Student Ambassador through the Partnership for Public Service after completing an internship at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in Washington, D.C. She also interned for Caruso Affiliated, worked at the USC Department of Real Estate and Asset Management, and conducted research for the USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.