Comments on the ABA’s October Legal Opinion Risk Seminar
Don Glazer and Beirne Lovely will be panelists at a Boston Bar Association event on January 10, 2007. They will be discussing the ABA’s October Legal Opinion Risk Seminar. Specifically, they will address:
- responsibility and concerns of opinion recipients and their counsel
- the gatekeeper role and transactional lawyers making third-party opinion letter
- "customary practice" work for the recipient opinion letter
- litigation - do's and don'ts managing large firm opinion practice
- opinion hotspots
- opinions and "side letters" dealing with demands for assignable opinions.
They will be joined by Stanley Keller of Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge, LLP and Michelle Basil of Nutter Mclennen & Fish LLP. This program is being sponsored by the BBA's Legal Opinions Committee and the Mergers & Acquisitions Committee.