In this episode of The Boardroom Video Series, Goodwin partner Deborah Birnbach discusses the SEC’s recent and aggressive action regarding the failure to file stock trades. Background, current action, impact and avoidance are all covered in a straightforward and understandable presentation.
Topics covered include:
- Filing your company trades with the SEC
- The SEC is starting to aggressively pursue
- The targets are directors, officers, the company and major shareholders.
- Penalties are not covered by D&O insurance and indemnification
- Compliance can be easily accomplished.
Goodwin Procter is a sponsor of The Directors Letter, an executive education newsletter for directors and senior executives providing weekly updates and videos on events that impact board-level activities. For more information, click here.