Mr. Amer’s work for clients has included representing and/or advising:
- Ampersand Capital Partners and 1315 Capital in their acquisition of Genoptix, Inc., a provider of comprehensive testing solutions in hematology and solid tumor molecular profiling, from Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation.
- The sale of Agilux Laboratories, Inc., an Ampersand Capital Partners portfolio company, to Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Ampersand Capital Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Corpus Medical, a provider of consulting and manufacturing services for development and commercialization of interventional medical devices.
- Florida Biologix in its merger with Brammer Biopharmaceuticals LLC, forming Brammer Bio, LLC, a cell and gene therapy biologics contract development and manufacturing organization.
- Avista Pharma in its acquisition of the GMP contract manufacturing, development and animal health services business of Scynexis, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCYX).
- Nitinol Devices and Components, Inc. (“NDC”) in its acquisition of Interface Catheter Solutions (“Interface”). NDC is the largest contract manufacturer of nitinol-based medical devices and Interface is a pioneer is medical balloon technology and the leading contract manufacturer of balloon catheter systems. Following the acquisition, NDC and Interface created Confluent Medical Technologies, a leading contract manufacturer of specialized medical devices.
- Ampersand Capital Partners in its acquisition of Protein Technologies, a maker of peptide synthesizers and reagents.*
- Accuratus Lab Services, an Ampersand Capital Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of the chemistry, manufacturing and control testing services business of Array BioPharma.*
- United Recovery Systems, an Audax Group portfolio company, in the bolt-on acquisitions of Enterprise Recovery Systems, Financial Health Strategies and Array Services Group.*
- NutraMed, an Ampersand Capital Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of Nutritional Laboratories International.*
- Tyrogenex and Xcovery, two affiliated drug-development companies, as general counsel and in a number of financing transactions.*
- Ampersand Capital Partners in its minority investment in CutisPharma, an industry leader in prescription compounding pharmaceuticals.*
- ChanTest Corporation, a leading private equity backed provider of specialized laboratory testing services for drug development, in its acquisition by Charles River Laboratories.*
- ViraCor-IBT Laboratories, Inc., a premier specialty diagnostics laboratory, as general counsel, in several bolt-on acquisitions, and in its acquisition by Eurofins Scientific for a purchase price of approximately $255 million.*
- CRI Lifetree, a clinical research service provider, in its acquisition by clinical research organization PRA Health Sciences, a KKR portfolio company.*
- Magellan Biosciences in the sale of its microbiology testing products division, TREK Diagnostic Systems, to Thermo Fischer Scientific.*
- A syndicate of investors, including MPM Capital and Oxford Bioscience Partners, in its investment in Radius Health.*
- Ampersand Capital Partners and SV Life Sciences in the acquisition of a controlling interest in CRI Worldwide, a leading provider of clinical research services to the pharmaceutical industry.*
- Novartis Venture Fund in its investments in drug development companies Tokai Pharmaceuticals and Aileron Therapeutics.*
- MPM Capital and New Enterprise Associates in their investment in Rhythm, a biotechnology company developing peptide therapeutics for metabolic diseases.*
- Ampersand Capital Partners in the leveraged buyout of K-TEK Corp., a leading global manufacturer of state-of-the-art level instrumentation for liquid and bulk solids detection.*
- K-TEK Corp. in its sale to ABB, the global power and automation technology group.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2015, Mr. Amer was a partner at Locke Lord in Boston.