Mr. Bodamer has advised clients on domestic and cross-border transactions of all sizes and complexity. His recent experience includes advising:*
- Advent International in its acquisitions of Noosa Yoghurt and Morrison Supply Company, and its joint venture (with Warburg Pincus) in Brazilian clothing company Dudalina S.A., and subsequent sale of Dudalina to Restoque;
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of SRS Distribution;
- Charlesbank Capital Partners in the acquisition of L&L Foods by Charlesbank portfolio company Peacock Foods;
- Connolly Holdings in its merger with iHealth;
- Hillhouse Capital in its minority investment in Appellis Pharmaceuticals;
- Oaktree Capital Management in the strategic combination of its portfolio company Bioplan with (KKR and DLJ Merchant Banking-owned) Visant’s Arcade;
- Providence Equity Partners in connection with its acquisitions of Miller Heiman, IPS Learning Systems and VitalSmarts, and its carve-out cross-border acquisition of assets from UK public company Informa plc;
- TA Associates in its majority investments in Gamma Technologies and CCRM;
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in its majority investments in Intermedix Holdings (including multiple add-on acquisitions), and Fogo de Chao; and
- Warburg Pincus in the sale of its holdings in QuEST Global Services to Bain Capital.
*Includes matters prior to joining Goodwin.
Mr. Bodamer is a member of the Boston Bar Association (and former chair of the Public Service Committee for the Business Transactions Section) and a founding member of the Cape & Islands Partnership for Nonprofit Advancement. He routinely counsels and trains nonprofit organizations and their boards of directors on various corporate governance matters, and has served as outside counsel to the United Way of Massachusetts Bay & Merrimack Valley, the Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation, the Northeast Wilderness Trust, and Cruce de Caminos, among others.
Mr. Bodamer currently serves on the board of the nonprofit organization NoticeAbility, which designs e-based curricula catering to the neurological strengths of the dyslexic mind. He is also a board member of the nonprofit Lawyers Clearinghouse which connects pro bono lawyers with nonprofits and those in need and a board member of Red Door Farms, the parent company of BurgerSpice.com. He has served on various other boards, including most recently the nonprofit Friends of Harvard Track.
Before joining Goodwin, Mr. Bodamer practiced law for nearly a decade in the Dallas and Boston offices of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Prior to his legal career, he studied archaeology at Harvard College and the University of Cambridge where his research focused on the role of hallucinogenic toads in Mesoamerican shamanic ritual and the use of archaeological remains in modern pharmaceutical drug discovery.