Ms. Bullerjahn’s recent representative matters include:
- Won dismissal with prejudice of several actions (or substantial portions thereof) in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California by various institutional investors asserting securities fraud claims under the Securities Act of 1934, non-fraud claims under the Securities Act of 1933 and various state law claims relating to public offerings of mortgage-backed securities issued by subsidiaries of Countrywide Financial Corporation.
- Won summary judgment and subsequent appeal for former directors and officers of closely held Massachusetts corporation in an action alleging breach of fiduciary duty claims concerning alleged excessive compensation in connection with sale transaction in Massachusetts Superior Court and Appeals Court.
- Won dismissal for hedge fund and its former portfolio manager of an action alleging violations of Section 10(b) of the Securities Act of 1934 and various state law claims in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Won dismissal with prejudice in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts for public medical diagnostic products company and its board of directors and senior management of securities class action alleging violations of Section 11 of the Securities Act of 1933 concerning a $730 million secondary offering and challenging the company’s disclosures concerning the costs associated with its integration of acquired companies.
- Represented Audit Committee of public software company in Massachusetts in internal investigation and subsequent SEC inquiry concerning side agreements allegedly entered into by sales employees in Europe and Asia and potential revenue recognition issues, successfully convincing the SEC not to pursue investigation or other enforcement measures.
- Represented CEO of public software company for several years in formal investigation by the SEC regarding stock option practices, resolving the matter favorably with no SEC action.
- Pro bono representation of the One Fund Boston, Inc., a charitable organization formed to benefit those most affected by the Boston Marathon bombings and related events.