A selection of Ms. Burlingame’s recent client representations includes:
- Zafgen, Inc. in its 2014 initial public offering (ranked the #8 life science IPO of 2014 by FierceBiotech)
- Sage Therapeutics, Inc. in its 2014 initial public offering (ranked the #5 life science IPO of 2014 by FierceBiotech)
- Blueprint Medicines Corporation in its 2015 initial public offering (the largest IPO of a preclinical biotechnology company as of the date of the IPO’s closing)
- Celyad S.A. in its 2015 U.S. initial public offering
- Zafgen, Inc. in its 2015 follow-on offering
- Sage Therapeutics, Inc. in its 2015 follow-on offering
- Neon Therapeutics, Inc. in its formation and $55 million Series A Preferred Stock financing
- Voyager Therapeutics, Inc. in its formation, $47 million Series A Preferred Stock financing and $60 million Series B Preferred Stock financing
- Accelerator IV-New York Corporation and Accelerator IV-Seattle Corporation in their formation and funding
- Mevion Medical Systems, Inc. in connection with its up to $200 million Series F Preferred Stock financing
- SetPoint Medical Corporation in connection with its $15 million Series C-1 Preferred Stock financing and $27 million Series C Preferred Stock financing
- Scholar Rock, LLC in its Series A Preferred Unit financing
- RaNA Therapeutics, LLC in its Series B Preferred Unit financing
- iWalk, Inc. in its Series E Preferred Stock financing
- NinePoint Medical, Inc. in its $34 million Series B Preferred Stock financing
- Acetylon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its up to $1.7 billion collaboration and buyout option transaction with Celgene Corporation
- Abide Therapeutics, Inc. in its collaboration and buyout option transaction with Celgene Corporation
- ZOLL Medical Corporation in its acquisition of Advanced Circulatory Systems, Inc.
- ZOLL Medical Corporation in its acquisition of the assets of Impact Instrumentation, Inc.
- Nimbus Therapeutics, Inc. in connection with its innovative collaborations with Monsanto and Shire Plc
Ms. Burlingame is a member of Women Entrepreneurs in Science and Technology (WEST) and through the firm is a member of the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council (MBC) and MassMEDIC. She is also a member of the American and Boston Bar Associations.
Ms. Burlingame is a key contributor to Goodwin’s Founders Workbench, an online resource for start-ups, emerging companies and the entrepreneurial community. Ms. Burlingame has served as a workshop speaker and advisor to the Boston Pipeline Angels for the past several years and has provided advice to start-up companies and entrepreneurs through participation in events and office hours held by Harvard University and M.I.T.