Mr. Carlson’s work for clients has included representing and/or advising:
- Florida Biologix in its merger with Brammer Biopharmaceuticals LLC, forming Brammer Bio, LLC, a cell and gene therapy biologics contract development and manufacturing organization.
- Avista Pharma in its acquisition of the GMP contract manufacturing, development and animal health services business of Scynexis, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCYX).*
- Nitinol Devices and Components, Inc. (“NDC”) in its acquisition of Interface Catheter Solutions (“Interface”). NDC is the largest contract manufacturer of nitinol-based medical devices and Interface is a pioneer is medical balloon technology and the leading contract manufacturer of balloon catheter systems. Following the acquisition, NDC and Interface created Confluent Medical Technologies, a leading contract manufacturer of specialized medical devices.*
- Ampersand Capital Partners in its acquisition of Protein Technologies, a maker of peptide synthesizers and reagents.*
- Accuratus Lab Services, an Ampersand Capital Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of certain assets related to the chemistry, manufacturing and control testing services business of Array BioPharma Inc.*
- Gelesis, a medical product developer focused on treating weight loss and obesity, in a growth equity financing. Gelesis is a portfolio company of PureTech Ventures.
- Tal Medical, a clinical stage medical device company focused on neurostimulation and treatment for psychiatric disorders, in a growth equity financing. Tal Medical is a portfolio company of PureTech Ventures.
- Novartis Venture Fund in its investment in Macrolide Pharmaceuticals, an anti-infective company focused on the synthesis of antibiotics.*
- Ampersand Capital Partners in its minority investment in CutisPharma, an industry leader in prescription compounding pharmaceuticals.*
- CRI Lifetree, a clinical research service provider, in its acquisition by clinical research organization PRA Health Sciences, a KKR portfolio company.*
- Nautic Partners in its acquisition of Custom Windows, a leading designer and manufacturer of impact resistant and non-impact windows.*
- GnuBio Inc., a developer of fully integrated droplet-based DNA sequencing technology, as general counsel and in its acquisition by Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.*
- Boston Dynamics, an advanced robotics development company, in its acquisition by Google, Inc.
- Ampersand Capital Partners in the sale of CoreLab Partners and take-private of Bioclinica, both global clinical trial solutions businesses.*
- Stemline Therapeutics, Inc. in its initial public offering.*
- Modified Polymer Components in its acquisition of Biomedical Structures, LLC.*
- Magellan Diagnostics in its strategic spin-off of Dynex Technologies, Inc.*
- Magellan Diagnostics in the sale of its microbiology testing products division, TREK Diagnostic Systems, to Thermo Fischer Scientific.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.