Ms. Chan defends clients in a range of commercial and business litigation matters, including post-closing and escrow disputes, personal injury and wrongful death cases, copyright and licensing disputes, and cases involving allegations of fraud or breach of fiduciary duty. Ms. Chan also represents clients in employment-related matters (including trade secret, non-solicitation, and non-competition disputes), investigations by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”), and cases involving the financial services industry.
Ms. Chan’s work for clients has included the following:
- A three-week arbitration on behalf of a global private equity firm which resulted in a $170 million award in favor of the firm. The arbitrator’s decision included not only $170 million in damages, but also the dismissal of all counterclaims (which sought over $100 million in damages) and a multi-million dollar award of attorneys’ fees.
- An arbitration award in favor of an educational institution in a dispute over the interpretation of licensing agreements.
- Defense of a large financial services institution in cases involving allegations of fraud or misconduct.
- Defense of another large financial services institution in a case involving allegations of employment discrimination on the basis of disability or handicap.
- Representation of numerous life sciences companies in responding to FINRA inquiries.
- Advice to a global private equity firm concerning litigation and regulatory risks and considerations in connection with due diligence into potential investments.