Mr. Charkoudian’s representative transactions include:
- WiTricity, Inc., a pioneer in wireless power transfer, in its strategic intellectual property license agreements WiTricity is a licensee of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In addition to negotiating WiTricity’s license Agreement with M.I.T., Mr. Charkoudian’s license transactions for WiTricity include licenses with:
- Intel. Intel will integrate WiTricity’s patented technology to enable efficient, high performance wireless charging solutions for computing devices powered by Intel.
- the Toyota Motor Corporation. Toyota will use the technology to incorporate wireless charging capabilities into its rechargeable hybrid electric and battery operated vehicles.
- Delphi Automotive to develop automatic wireless charging products for hybrid and electric vehicles. The collaboration between the two companies will help establish a global infrastructure of safe and convenient charging options for consumer and commercial electric vehicles.
- New Balance Athletics in its collaboration with Intel on an Android Wear smartwatch that will enable athletes to work out untethered from a smart phone.
- Haemonetics Corporation, in connection with a significant evaluation, supply and license agreement with Quotient Biodiagnostics Group and its wholly owned subsidiary Alba Bioscience Limited. The agreement provides Haemonetics with exclusive access to Alba's comprehensive catalogue of approved reagents for use in the Arryx laser-based blood typing platform.
- Inverness Medical Innovations Inc., with respect to intellectual property and technology matters in connection with a 50/50 joint venture with The Procter & Gamble Company for existing and to-be-developed consumer diagnostic products.
- Haemonetics Corporation, in connection with a collaboration and license agreement with Arryx, Inc. under which Haemonetics was licensed to use Arryx’s optical trapping technology to develop applications for human healthcare applications. Represented Haemonetics in its later acquisition of Arryx.
- Goldman Sachs in its $100 million growth equity investment in Applied Predictive Technologies (APT), a cloud-based predictive analytics software company.
- Citrix Systems, Inc., with respect to a collaboration agreement with Microsoft to support the Microsoft RemoteFX technology platform.
- iRobot Corporation (Nasdaq: IRBT) in its $74 million acquisition of Evolution Robotics, Inc.
Mr. Charkoudian is a member of the Boston and Massachusetts Bar Associations and the International Technology Law Association. He has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and has been recognized as a “Leading Licensing and Technology Transactions Lawyer” by Intellectual Asset Management magazine as part of its IAM Strategy 300 survey.