Ms. Chessari has represented a variety of clients, ranging from large public technology and pharmaceutical companies to start ups and individuals. She has represented clients in actions brought in state and federal courts throughout the country involving allegations of fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and violations of state and federal law.
Ms. Chessari’s representative matters include:
- Trulia, Inc. – Defense of Trulia and its board of directors in shareholder class action lawsuits in California and Delaware state courts challenging and seeking to enjoin $3.5 billion acquisition of Trulia by Zillow, Inc.
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – Defense of Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. board of directors in shareholder class action lawsuit in California state court for breach of fiduciary duty claims in connection with $10.4 billion acquisition of Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. by Amgen, Inc.
- A Public Technology Company – Conducted internal investigation concerning a variety of complex accounting issues relating to revenue recognition. Self-reported to the Securities & Exchange Commission, which decided to take no action.*
- A Public Pharmaceutical Company – Represented client in connection with four-plus year investigation conducted by the Securities & Exchange Commission and Department of Justice, concerning a variety of complex accounting issues and alleged FCPA violations, in the U.S. and abroad.*
- A Public Technology Company – Conducted internal investigation concerning potential insider trading. Represented client in subsequent investigation into potential insider trading by the Securities & Exchange Commission and FINRA and advised client on remedial measures.*
- Coinstar, Inc. (now Outerwall, Inc.) – Defense of Coinstar and its executives in defense of shareholder class action and derivative lawsuits in Washington Federal court alleging securities law violations and breach of fiduciary duties resulting from missed projections and related public disclosures. We successfully moved to dismiss the class action complaint and achieved a favorable settlement in the derivative matter.*
- Rambus, Inc. – Represented Rambus and certain of its directors and executives in defense of various shareholder lawsuits in California federal and state court, resulting in a full dismissal which was affirmed on appeal in one matter and a favorable settlement in another matter.*
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation – Represented Cypress in defense of a shareholder class action lawsuit in Delaware state court challenging and seeking to enjoin Cypress’ proposed acquisition of Ramtron. We successfully defeated a preliminary injunction motion, which allowed the deal to close as scheduled. *
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin Procter.