Mr. Cicero’s recent matters include representing:
- A consortium of private equity sponsors led by Insight Venture Partners in connection with the leveraged acquisition of iParadigms, LLC, a leading provider of cloud-based educational technologies to prevent plagiarism, verify content, and evaluate student learning.
- Insight Venture Partners in connection with its preferred equity investment in each of (a) Pluralsight, LLC, a global leader in online training for technology professionals, (b) Simplifile, the leading provider of electronic recording (e-recording) services, (c) Mimecast, a cloud-based email management service provider for Microsoft Exchange, including archiving, continuity and security, and (d) Invaluable, the world’s largest online live auction marketplace.
- Bain Capital Ventures in connection with its preferred equity investment in each of (a) IEX, the trading platform profiled in Michael Lewis’s book “Flash Boys,” (b) Novus, Inc., a New York-based company founded by former portfolio managers, engineers and data scientists to help the world’s top institutions and investors generate higher returns, and (c) Chrome River Technologies, a global provider of expense reporting and invoice management software.
- Lead Edge Capital Partners in connection with its preferred equity investments in each of (a) Xamarin, Inc., a cross-platform development platform for native apps for iOS, Android, OS X and Windows and (b) Spredfast, Inc., a leading provider of social marketing software.
- Level Equity, in connection with its preferred equity investment in each of (a) Made.com, a London-based company offering consumers designer furniture online at factory prices and (b) Wombat Security Technologies, a leading provider of software-based training platforms and spear-phishing filters to combat cyber security attacks.
- PlanView, Inc., leading provider of portfolio and resource management software solutions for companies across a myriad of industries, in connection with its acquisition of ProjectPlace, a project and resource management software company based in Sweden.
- CCMP Capital Advisors in connection with the sale of MetoKote Corporation, a leading provider of industrial metal coating services, to Platinum Equity
- Equityholders of Beatport, LLC, an electronic dance music software platform and the world’s largest music store for electronic dance music, in connection with the sale of the company to SFX Entertainment, Inc.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management Group in connection with the sale of Fuel Outdoor, one of the nation’s leading outdoor advertising companies, to Van Wagner Communications