Mr. Frederickson’s recent representative cases include:
Representative Technology Cases:
- Sanford L.P. (d/b/a DYMO) et al. v. Esselte AB et al., (S.D.N.Y). Representing Esselte in a patent infringement case involving an innovative label printer and successfully defended against two motions for a preliminary injunction filed by plaintiffs against Esselte. The first motion sought to enjoin sales of Esselte’s label printers. The second motion sought to enjoin Esselte’s participation in co-pending inter partes review proceedings. The case settled shortly after the second motion was denied
- Chalumeau Power Systems, LLC v. Alcatel-Lucent et al. (D. Del.). Represented Alcatel-Lucent in a patent infringement case and Federal Circuit appeal involving Power-over-Ethernet switching products. The plaintiff voluntarily dismissed the case with prejudice after the close of fact discovery, and the district court found the case “exceptional” under 35 U.S.C. § 285 and awarded Alcatel-Lucent’s attorneys’ fees. The Federal Circuit summarily affirmed the district court’s exceptional case finding.
- In re: Maxim Integrated Products, Inc., MDL No. 2354 (W.D. Pa.). Represented financial services company in complex Multi-District Litigation in which the patentee alleged infringement of four patents involving mobile banking services and smart phone applications.
- Sigram Schindler Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH v. Cisco Systems, Inc. (D. Del.). Represented Cisco in patent infringement case involving call admission control for voice over IP phone service. The district court granted summary judgment of non-infringement in Cisco’s favor.
- Freedom Wireless, Inc. v. Cingular Wireless LLC et al. (E.D. Tx.). Represented patentee in large, multi-defendant patent infringement case involving prepaid cellular telephone service. The cases settled shortly before trial.
- Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals Inc. et al. v. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories S.A. (D. Del.). Trial counsel for Dr. Reddy’s in a Hatch-Waxman case relating to generic forms of Suboxone® sublingual films.
- GlaxoSmithKline LLC v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (D. Del.). Representing Teva in patent litigation involving treatment of chronic heart failure, hypertension, and left ventricular dysfunction following myocardial infarction and the use of so-called “skinny labels” on pharmaceutical products. The case is currently pending.
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (D. Mass.). Represented Teva in a patent infringement case involving test methods for low molecular weight heparins. The district court granted summary judgment of non-infringement in Teva’s favor, which was affirmed by the Federal Circuit. See Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., 809 F.3d 610 (Fed. Cir. 2015).
From November 2011 to May 2012, Mr. Frederickson served as a Special Assistant District Attorney for Middlesex County. In that capacity, he prosecuted hundreds of felony and misdemeanor criminal cases and tried over a dozen jury and non-jury cases. He also argued countless dispositive and evidentiary motions, many of which involved constitutional issues.