Mr. Gordon advises a variety of high-growth technology clients across a broad range of industries, including enterprise software, healthcare IT, fintech, security, ad tech, IT services, e-commerce and clean tech. Mr. Gordon works with these clients in connection with various corporate, strategic and securities transactions, including private placements and mergers and acquisitions, as well as general business matters.
Mr. Gordon’s corporate finance practice includes extensive experience with both private and public offerings. He has represented companies as well as venture capitalists and investment banks in over 400 completed financings.
Recently completed venture financings on behalf of his corporate clients include investments in:
- Adelphic by Matrix Partners and Google Ventures
- Apperian, Inc. by Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and North Bridge Venture Partners
- Bit9, Inc. by Atlas Ventures, Highland Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital and .406 Ventures
- Cybereason by Charles River Ventures
- Gemvara Inc. by Canaan Partners, Balderton Capital, Highland Capital Partners and Norwest Venture Partners
- MarkForged by Matrix Partners and North Bridge Venture Partners
- PlumChoice, Inc. by M/C Venture Partners and Edison Ventures
- SessionM by Highland Capital Partners, Charles River Ventures and Kleiner Perkins
Mr. Gordon has also represented many venture capitalists in making their investments, including most recently North Bridge Venture Partners, Highland Capital, Flybridge Capital Partners and GrandBanks Capital.
Mr. Gordon represents issuers as well as investment banking firms in a wide variety of public and quasi-public offerings, including IPOs, convertible debt transactions and PIPE transactions. His recent IPO work includes representing:
- Underwriters in Amber Road’s $96 million IPO
- Underwriters in Covisint’s $64 million IPO
- Underwriters in SPS Commerce’s $49 million IPO
- Fleetmatics in its $130 million IPO
- Imprivata in its $75 million IPO
- Salary.com in its $60 million IPO
Investment banks that he has represented include Cowen & Co., Inc., Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank Securities, JPMorgan, Stifel Nicolaus Weisel and William Blair.
Other companies that Mr. Gordon has represented in public offerings include DealerTrack Holdings, Lumenpulse Lighting, Lionbridge Technologies, Lycos, Sipex Corporation and Precise Software Solutions.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Mr. Gordon’s M&A experience includes representing:
- Imprivata in its acquisition of HT Systems
- Gemvara in its sale to Richline Group, a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK.A) subsidiary
- Bit9 in its acquisition of Carbon Black
- eCopy in its sale to Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN)
- Fleetmatics (NYSE: FLTX) in its acquisitions of Australia-based Connect2Field and Italy-based Routist
- IMN in its sale to Reynolds & Reynolds
- Innov-X in its sale to Olympus
- Lionbridge Technologies (NASDAQ: LIOX) in its acquisition of Mubai, India-based Mentorix
- NetCracker Technology Corporation in its sale to NEC Corporation
- P&H Solutions in its sale to ACI Worldwide (NASDAQ: ACIW), formerly known as Transaction Systems Architects (NASDAQ:TSAI)
- Vistaprint (NASDAQ: VPRT) in its acquisition of Webs
- xkoto in its sale to Teradata (NYSE: TDC)
He has also completed numerous other acquisitions for clients, including Imprivata, Lycos and Salary.com.