Mr. Hu’s representation of companies spans the entire corporate life-cycle, including pre-incorporation planning, general corporate representation and counseling, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, corporate governance, SEC compliance and public company representation. Mr. Hu also works with venture capitalists in private stock offerings as well as banks in securities transactions.
Mr. Hu’s transactional experience includes representing:
- Atlassian in its $462 million initial public offering;
- NetSuite in its $200 million acquisition of Bronto Software and $310 million 144A offering;
- Opower in its $116 million initial public offering;
- Guidewire in its $389 million and $260 million follow-on offerings;
- Control4 Corporation in its $74 million initial public offering;
- Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse and J.P. Morgan in the $201 million initial public offering of Box;
- Goldman Sachs, BofA Merrill Lynch and Credit Suisse in the $128 million initial public offering and $189 million follow-on offering of Gigamon;
- J.P. Morgan and Deutsche Bank Securities in the $117 million initial public offering and $200 million 144A offering of Trulia;
- Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse in the $79 million initial public offering and follow-on offering of Marketo;
- BofA Merrill Lynch in the $70 million initial public offering of E2Open;
- Atlassian in various acquisitions;
- Reputation.com in various acquisitions; and
- Sale of Less Than Three Labs to a private company acquirer.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Hu was an associate at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in Palo Alto.