Mr. Hutchinson’s work for private equity, growth equity and venture capital funds and their portfolio companies includes representing:
- DST Global in its worldwide investments in Facebook, Zynga, Groupon, Twitter, Box, Arista, Spotify, Alibaba, Funding Circle, Houzz, WISH, Zalondo, LendingClub and DraftKings
- Accel Partners in its investments in Arista and CartoDB
- Sequoia Capital in its investment Github
- SilverLake Capital in its Investment in Zynga
- Thoma Bravo in its investment in Van Wagner Communications and leveraged buyouts of WebClients.net and Viecore
- Ridge Capital Partners in its leveraged buyout of White’s Equipment Rental, Rock River Environmental Services and L.A. T Sportswear.
- MissionPoint Capital Partners in its leveraged buyout of Hannon Armstrong Capital and growth equity investments in Voltaix, LLC and Amonix, Inc.
- WisdomTree Investments Inc. with a variety exchange traded fund product development joint ventures and the acquisition of Boost ETP.
- TrackMaven Inc.in its formation, Series Seed, Series A and Series B equity financings.
- A number of international mutual fund complexes with investments in US and international technology companies including Twitter, Coupang, Dropbox and Airbnb.
Mr. Hutchinson currently serves as an officer of The Breakthrough Prize Foundation. The Breakthrough Prizes honor important achievements in the categories of Fundamental Physics, Life Sciences and Mathematics. The prizes were founded by Yuri and Julia Milner, Sergey Brin and Anne Wojcicki, Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan, and Jack Ma and Cathy Zhang.
Mr. Hutchinson’s pro bono/charitable organization work includes involvement with the SEEP Network, a global network of international micro finance practitioner organizations dedicated to combating poverty through promoting inclusive markets and financial systems.
Mr. Hutchinson has authored articles for Bloomberg BNA, Venture Beat, the PE Hub and the Venture Capital Journal on issues surrounding private liquidity programs and secondary transfers in private company stock. Mr. Hutchinson speaks regularly on finance and mergers and acquisitions for various events and organizations, including the American Management Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Hutchinson was a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Hogan & Hartson.