Proxy Contests and Other Shareholder Activism Matters
Mr. Johnson represents companies in connection with shareholder activism and proxy contests. He has recently represented iRobot, Brightcove, Energizer Holdings, Hampden Bancorp, Mac-Gray Corporation, Progress Software and CPEX Pharmaceuticals in connection with such matters.
Investor Representation in Shareholder Activism Matters
Mr. Johnson advises investment funds and institutional investors concerning their investments in public and private issuers and with respect to issues in the corporate governance area. In particular, he has represented Highfields in connection with its investments in Clear Channel, Corelogic, First American Corporation, Circuit City and Morgan Stanley.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Mr. Johnson has substantial experience in the merger and acquisition area, especially in the life sciences and tech spaces representing both buyers and sellers, including:
- Millennial Media in connection with its sale to AOL
- Patheon Inc. in connection with its sale to JLL
- Ansys, Inc. with its acquisitions of Ansoft Corporation, Apache Design Solutions, Inc., Fluent, Inc., Reaction Design Corporation and Space Claim Corp
- Zalicus Inc. in connection with its sale to Epirus
- Hampden Bancorp in connection with its sale to Berkshire Bank
- Camden National’s acquisition of The Bank of Maine