- Ampersand Capital Partners and 1315 Capital in their acquisition of Genoptix, Inc., a provider of comprehensive testing solutions in hematology and solid tumor molecular profiling, from Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Nimbus in its sale of Nimbus Apollo and its Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (ACC) inhibitor program to Gilead Sciences for $400 million and up to an additional $800 million in development milestone payments
- Dimension Therapeutics in its gene therapy research collaboration with the University of Pennsylvania
- Alkermes in the sale of its manufacturing facility and the manufacturing and royalty revenue associated with products manufactured at the facility and global rights to Recro Pharma, Inc., for $170 million
- Tetragenetics in its collaboration with MedImmune for a multi-target ion channel drug discovery program
- Licensing of intellectual property assets from research institutions
Prior to re-joining Goodwin in 2014, Ms. Kean was an in-house attorney at RainDance Technologies, Inc. and was previously in-house at EMC Corporation. Ms. Kean began her legal career at Goodwin in 2004. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Kean worked as a mechanical engineer.