Ms. Kirby has represented clients in capital offerings (as issuer’s and underwriter’s counsel), mergers and acquisitions, holding company formations, and de novo bank chartering. Her transactional work includes representing:
- HarborOne Bancorp, Inc. in its mutual-to-stock conversion and minority stock offering
- Randolph Bancorp, Inc. in its acquisition of First Eastern Bankshares Corporation
- Cross Financial Corp. in a number of insurance agency acquisitions
- Mascoma Financial Services in a private placement of subordinated debt
- Guaranty Bancorp, Inc. in a private placement of subordinated debt
- Hampden Bancorp, Inc. in its sale to Berkshire Hills Bancorp, Inc.
- Eastern Bank Corporation in its acquisition of Centrix Bank & Trust
- Camden National Corporation in its acquisition of SBM Financial, Inc., its acquisition of 15 branches from Bank of America and subsequent branch dispositions
- Boston Private Bank & Trust Company in its sale of its Pacific Northwest branch network
- Bristol County Savings Bank in its acquisition of four branches
- Boston Private Financial Holdings in its bank consolidation, preferred stock offering and secondary offerings
- Brookline Bancorp in its acquisitions of Bancorp Rhode Island, Inc. and First Ipswich Bancorp
- Northeast Bancorp in its recapitalization by private equity and other investors and follow-on offerings
Ms. Kirby is a member of the American Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association.