Mr. Kline has won multimillion-dollar jury verdicts of willful patent infringement and has defeated claims against clients in the hundreds of millions of dollars. He has coordinated and overseen the execution of multi-district litigation in the United States and Europe. His notable victories include:
- A jury verdict of willful patent infringement, following a two-week trial, for a leading manufacturer of semi-conductor manufacturing equipment.
- Summary judgment of invalidity of a patent asserted against a leading provider of remote access software. Mr. Kline defended the judgment on appeal to the Federal Circuit, and won affirmance of the ruling.
- An arbitration award for a leading consumer products company, following six days of oral hearing, finding that our client’s pregnancy detection test strips were not covered by a licensor’s patents and therefore not royalty-bearing.
- Dismissal of patent infringement claims filed against a marketing automation company. The court based its decision to dismiss the claims against our client on testimony from the plaintiff’s founder that Mr. Kline elicited through cross-examination at a hearing to show cause.
- Summary judgment of noninfringement of a patent asserted against a global athletic shoe company. Mr. Kline defended the judgment on appeal to the Federal Circuit and won affirmance of the ruling.
- An arbitration award following a week-long hearing conducted in connection with a patent interference proceeding awarding priority of invention to our client for a key patent family concerning immunoassay technology.
- Reversal at the Federal Circuit of a finding of noninfringement against our client in a case involving septal occluders (for treating heart defects) and on remand to the district court won summary judgment of infringement in favor of our client.