Mr. Lang’s representative clients include public companies: Foundation Medicine, IntraLinks, Chiasma and Ocera Therapeutics and private companies: Paperless Post, Orchard Platform, Even Financial, Celtra Technologies, Precision Biologics, General Compression, Glossier, HYPR Brands, Megaphone TV and Proclivity Media.
- Chiasma, a late-stage biopharmaceutical company, in its $102 million initial public offering on the NASDAQ Stock Market
- J.P. Morgan and Barclays Capital in the $184 million initial public offering of Intrexon Corporation, a synthetic biology company, on the NYSE
- J.P. Morgan and BofA Merrill Lynch in the $116 million follow-on offering of Intrexon Corporation
- JMP Securities in the $230 million follow-on offering of Intrexon Corporation
- Cantor Fitzgerald in a $200 million “at the market” offering facility for Intrexon Corporation
- Foundation Medicine, a cancer diagnostics company, in (i) its $120 million initial public offering on the NASDAQ Stock Market and (ii) its collaboration agreement and equity transaction with Roche, total value in excess of $1 billion
- Ocera Therapeutics, a biotechnology company, in its $28 million PIPE financing, $25 million public offering and $25 million “at the market” offering facility
- Represented Thar Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company, in its acquisition by an affiliate of The Grünenthal Group
- Songza, a streaming music company, in its sale to Google
- M5 Networks, a cloud communications company, in its $146 million acquisition by ShorTel
- XGraph, a social targeting company, in its acquisition by Add This (formerly Clearspring)
- Fidelis Security Systems, a cybersecurity company, in its acquisition by General Dynamics
- Nomi Technologies, a retail technology company, in its acquisition by Brickstream Corporation
- Glossier in its $24 million Series B financing led by Institutional Venture Partners, with participation from Index Ventures, Thrive Capital and Forerunner Ventures
- Hubble Contacts in $7.2 million seed financings backed by Wildcat Capital Management, Two River, Founders Fund and Greycroft Partners
- Aircall.io in its $8 million financing led by Baldteron Capital
- Allena Pharmaceuticals in its $53 million Series C financing led by Partner Fund Management, Fidelity and Wellington
- Codiak BioSciences in its $80 million financing led by Arch Venture Partners and Flagship Ventures
- InterWest and Orbimed, as lead investors, in a $32 million investment round of Avedro
- HYPR Brands in its $5 million financing led by Silvertech Ventures, Edgewater Equity and a number of other strategic investors.
- Precision Biologics in its $50 million financing by an affiliate of NantWorks
- Orchard Platform in its $30 million financing led by Thrive Capital, Spark Capital and Canaan Partners
- Even Financial in its $2.8 million financing led by Canaan Partners and Lerer Hippeau Ventures
- Into the Gloss (d/b/a Glossier) in its $8.4 million financing led by Thrive Capital
- Pond5 in its $61 million financing by Accel Partners and Stripes Group
- Paperless Post in its $25 million financing led by August Capital
- Megaphone TV in its $4.3 million financing led by Softbank Korea
- Nomi Technologies in its $10 million financing by Accel Partners, First Round Capital, Greycroft Partners and Forerunner
Mr. Lang is a frequent lecturer at the Cardozo Tech Law Start Up Clinic, Columbia Business School and Columbia Law School on venture capital and other financing issues.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Lang was an associate in the New York office of Heller Ehrman.