Mr. Logan’s recent work includes:
- Advising public companies in ongoing corporate governance and securities law compliance matters, including registration statements, proxy statements, periodic reports and executive compensation matters;
- Advising issuers and underwriters in securities offerings, including IPOs, follow-on and 144A offerings, with a particular focus on REITs and real estate operating companies; and
- Advising boards of directors on shareholder activism, proxy contests and tender offers, as well as company sales, acquisitions, financings and strategic alternatives.
Recent representative transactions include:
- Essex Property Trust in connection with its $6.2 billion acquisition of BRE Properties, Inc.;
- Easterly Government Properties, Inc. in its $180 million Initial Public Offering and listing on the NYSE;
- The underwriters or sales agents in connection with several transactions by STAG Industrial, Inc. including:
- several public follow-on offerings of common stock
- the establishment of three ATM programs
- its Initial Public Offering and listing on the NYSE;
- Mid-America Apartment Communities in its $8.6 billion business combination with Colonial Properties Trust;
- High Liner Foods in connection with several acquisitions including its $230 million acquisition of Icelandic Group’s U.S. and Asia operations and its $35 million acquisition of American Pride Seafoods.
Mr. Logan is a member of the Boston Bar Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Logan worked at a Washington, D.C. law firm as a registered lobbyist before the U.S. Congress and Executive branch agencies on a variety of issues including appropriations, homeland security, criminal justice, telecommunications and immigration. He also served on the staff of U.S. Senator John Seymour.