Mr. Marabella has experience in intellectual property litigation, and has been involved in representing the following:
Pharmaceutical and Life Science Clients
- Cephalon (plaintiff) in patent litigation concerning its cancer treatment Treanda (Bendamustine) in which the United States District Court for the District of Delaware held that the asserted patents were valid and infringed.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Children’s Medical Center (plaintiffs) in patent litigation concerning the dermal substitute Dermagraft in which the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts found for plaintiffs during claim construction.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals in multiple patent litigations including those concerning its multiple sclerosis treatment Copaxone®. Mr. Marabella was a member of the team that represented Teva Pharmaceuticals during its appeal before the United States Supreme Court and the subsequent litigation regarding Copaxone®’s new dosing regimen presently before the United States District Court for the District of Delaware.
- Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC in patent litigation concerning its branded parenteral anesthetic, Diprivan®.
Trademark, Copyright, Patent, Trade Secret and False Advertising Clients
- Nuance Communications, Inc., in multiple trade secret and non-competition disputes.
- ICONICS, an industrial automation software developer in a series of post-bankruptcy copyright disputes.
- Curse, LLC, operator of an online game portal and network of gaming websites in actions before the TTAB.
- Teespring, a custom apparel platform in various copyright and trademark litigations.
Mr. Marabella has also been actively involved in a variety of pro bono work while at the firm, which has included work with the ACLU, GLAD and the MACDL, and representation of civil rights plaintiffs and criminal defendants in state and federal court.