Since joining Goodwin, Mr. Maselli has represented:
- Goldman Sachs, Merchant Banking division and its affiliated investment funds in connection with their investments in:
- Persado, a provider of a cognitive marketing content creation platform
- Mavenlink, a provider of real-time project management software
- nanoPay, a provider of an innovative FinTech platform that stores and transfers digital assets, including the MintChip digital currency (acquired from the Royal Canadian Mint)
- Thoma Bravo, LLC and its portfolio company EMBT Holdings Inc. (Embarcadero Technologies) in connection with the sale of EMBT Holdings to Idera, Inc.
- Agility Fuel Systems, a portfolio company of Element Partners, in connection with its merger with Hexagon Composites’ CNG Automotive Products Division
- Specialty’s Café and Bakery, Inc., which operates numerous restaurants in California serving made-from-scratch breakfasts, lunches and baked goods, in connection with its sale of equity to, and eventual acquisition by, FEMSA Comercio (FEMCO)
- Zendesk, Inc., in connection with its acquisition of We Are Cloud SAS, a French company and developer of the “BIME” line of business analytics software
- JMI Equity and its affiliated investment funds in connection with an investment in Schoology, a learning management system provider for K-12, higher education and corporate customers
Mr. Maselli is a member of the San Francisco Bar Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Maselli was Corporate Counsel at Amazon.com in Seattle, where he supported the company’s core ecommerce business. Prior to his work with Amazon, Mr. Maselli was an associate in the Silicon Valley office of Weil, Gotshal and Manges, and, previously, was an associate with each of White & Case and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, where he practiced in Los Angeles.