Ms. McCabe counsels institutional investment funds, pension fund advisers, individual investors, real estate operators and insurance companies on a variety of commercial real estate transactions. She has recently represented:
- Forest City Enterprises, Inc. in its joint venture with Greenland Group Co. to develop Atlantic Yards in Brooklyn, NY. The development will include significant infrastructure improvements, a permanent MTA rail yard, a platform above the rail yard and 6,430 residential units, including 2,250 units of affordable housing, to be built in 14 residential towers. It is currently the largest, single-site commercial real estate development project in the United States, and is one of the largest-ever commercial development projects backed by a Chinese company in the country.
- Brookfield Financial Properties and its subsidiary in the financing and subsequent sale of the Newport Tower in Jersey City, NJ.
- A subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company in the sale of its interests in a portfolio of self-storage facility assets, which includes 36 properties in 18 states.
- A subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company in connection with nearly all of the U.S. mortgage financing for its deferred gains portfolio.
- Normandy Real Estate Partners and its subsidiaries in the acquisition and financing of eight office buildings located in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
- Normandy Real Estate Partners and its subsidiaries in the acquisition financing and refinancing of eight office buildings located in Virginia and Maryland.
- AEW Capital Management and its subsidiary in the closing of AEW’s joint venture investment and related acquisition financing in The Village at Proprietors Green, a senior housing facility in Marshfield, MA.
- AIG Global Real Estate Investment Corp. in the closing of a joint venture and related financing to develop 3780 Mystic Valley Parkway in Medford, MA, a project consisting of a luxury apartment building and parking garage.