Ms. Owens has experience with all aspects of patent prosecution including examiner interviews, petitions, reissues, reexaminations and appeals. In addition, she has experience with intellectual property matters that encompass the following:
- Managing prosecution dockets for large corporations, both as an in-house attorney and as outside counsel.
- Preparing and prosecuting applications in technology areas including telecommunications, computer software and business methods.
- Investigating patent portfolios for acquisitions and licensing.
- Creating and negotiating agreements and licenses involving intellectual property matters related to patents and trademarks.
- Conducting product clearance investigations and working with inventors and engineers to facilitate product introduction.
- Conducting infringement and validity investigations, preparing opinions and counseling clients with respect to infringement and validity matters.