In 2010 Mr. Rehnquist successfully represented a plaintiff travel company in a trademark infringement trial in federal court in the District of Massachusetts. In a federal criminal trial in the District of Massachusetts in the fall of 2006, he secured a judgment of acquittal after a five-week trial for a construction executive charged with bribery and racketeering. Other recent representations include:
- A nationwide transportation company in numerous civil suits and Attorney General investigations arising out of alleged misclassification of independent contractors
- A Silicon Valley semiconductor equipment manufacturer in a trade secret action against a Chinese competitor
- The CFO of a publicly traded company in a securities fraud prosecution in the District of New Hampshire based on allegedly improper revenue recognition
- A pharmaceutical company sales executive in a criminal investigation by the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York based on alleged off-label marketing and anti-kickback law violations
- The CEO of a mutual fund company in an SEC enforcement action in the Southern District of New York based on alleged "market timing" in the company's funds
- A senior executive of a publicly traded life sciences company in the SEC's Los Angeles Regional Office's investigation of allegedly improper revenue recognition
- Various businesses - including a biotech company, a real estate developer, a computer manufacturer, a brokerage house, a motorcycle dealer, and an investment advisor - in a wide variety of civil cases, including patent, antitrust, trade secrets, fraud, corporate governance and contract matters.