Ms. Sama has represented clients in federal and state courts, civil and criminal investigations brought by federal governmental authorities, internal investigations, and in connection with ADR procedures.
Ms. Sama’s recent representations include:
- A leading international financial institution in several multi-billion dollar disputes alleging fraudulent inducement, misrepresentation, and breach of contract arising from residential mortgage-backed securitizations, resulting in favorable settlements.
- One of the world’s largest international cash logistics and securities companies in a multi-million dollar post-acquisition fraud dispute.
- The managing partner of an investment bank in an arbitration covering disputes under the firm’s partnership agreement.
- Ten current and former employees of a major pharmaceutical manufacturer in a civil government investigation and subsequent federal litigation brought by the United States government, various state governments and a qui tam relator involving allegations of healthcare fraud.
- Various clients, including members of the audit committee of a NYSE listed company, in connection with federal government investigations.
- A major real estate investment trust (REIT) in connection with an internal investigation of employee conduct.
- Trader at an international financial institution in connection with global investigations into the LIBOR and foreign exchange market scandals.
- A national telecommunications company in a lawsuit against its former CEO for breaches of fiduciary duties, defamation, tortious interference, theft of trade secrets and conversion.