White Collar Criminal Defense
Mr. Savage has experience in litigating complex white collar criminal matters including fraud, false claims act, tax, securities, healthcare, RICO, health and safety act, money laundering and public corruption matters. He has tried approximately 50 cases in U.S. District Courts throughout the country. His representations include:
- A medical device company in connection with allegations by U.S. Attorney, District of Kansas of off label marking resulting in a civil resolution.
- A medical device company in the District of Massachusetts in connection with a criminal investigation of anti-kickback and sales and marketing violations resulting in a deferred prosecution and civil resolution.
- A waste-to-energy plant in a Commonwealth of Massachusetts criminal investigation and false claims act case resulting in a civil settlement.
- A major telecommunications provider in multiple false claims act, consumer protection and tax matters pursued by the Massachusetts Attorney General.
Mr. Savage has also handled sophisticated trade secret, Lanham Act, RICO, consumer fraud, business tort and other civil litigation, including multi-district class action litigation. His recent representations include:
- A national medical accreditation organization in connection with civil rights and discrimination claims.
- One of the world’s largest banks in connection with several different class actions alleging improper mortgage fees and charges.
- One of the country’s premier financial services providers in connection with employment discrimination cases and ERISA class action suits.
Mr. Savage counsels clients on establishing compliance programs, especially in the high tech, biotech and healthcare fields.