Mr. Theis’ representative clients include FleetMatics, Borderfree, Brightcove, HubSpot, Globoforce, RainDance Technologies, Joule Unlimited and Oasys Water. His transactional experience includes the following public offerings and mergers and acquisitions:
- Hubspot, an inbound marketing and sales platform, in its initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange and subsequent follow-on offering
- Borderfree, a provider international cross-border ecommerce solutions, in its initial public offering on the Nasdaq Global Market
- Opower, a provider of cloud-based software to the utility industry, in its initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange
- Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse Securities and Morgan Stanley in Endurance International Group Holding’s initial public offering on the Nasdaq Global Market
- Fleetmatics Group PLC, a leading global provider of commercial fleet management solutions, in its initial public offering of common stock on the New York Stock Exchange and three subsequent follow-on offerings
- Brightcove, a provider of online video publishing and distribution services, in its initial public offering on the Nasdaq Global Market
- athenahealth, a provider of cloud-based business services to medical caregivers, in its initial public offering on the Nasdaq Global Market
Mr. Theis has also represented other companies, including Tranzyme, Metabolix and LeMaitre Vascular, and several investment banks in connection with other capital markets transactions.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Gazelle, an eCommerce company, in its sale to Outerwall
- Brightcove in its acquisitions of Unicorn Media and Zencoder
- Celcite Management Solutions, a provider of self-optimizing network and network management solutions, in its sale to Amdocs
- NameMedia, a leading marketplace for premium domain names, in its sale of assets to GoDaddy
- Broadhop, a provider of next-generation policy control and service management technology for carrier networks, in its sale to Cisco
- Endeca Technologies, a provider of unstructured data management, web commerce and business intelligence solutions, in its sale to Oracle
- ExtendMedia, a provider of software-based Content Management Systems, in its sale to Cisco
- Level One, an apartment software services firm, in its sale to RealPage
- athenehealth in its acquisitions of Anodyne Health and Proxsys
- Fleetmatics in its acquisition of SageQuest
Mr. Theis is a member of the Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations. He has also served as a mentor for the MIT $100K Business Plan Competition and has been a guest lecturer at Boston College’s Carroll School of Management.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2005, Mr. Theis was an associate in the Business Practice Group at Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault in Boston.